Garden Consultations provide clients with garden maintenance solutions and guidance and are meant to help you overcome your gardening challenges. This service allows clients to either feel confident to start their own garden transformations, or be fully confident about why they want to hire Petals Gardening and which services they need.
We want to help you work smarter, not harder, and achieve better results in your gardens throughout our short growing season. We believe that gardening should be less challenging and a very rewarding experience.
Topics Potentially Covered
- Botanical Identification of garden plants
- Disease and pest identification and methods of control and management
- Suggestions on placement of flower and vegetable beds
- How and when to plant and prune
- Botanical and garden suppliers and local resources
- Organic, sustainable, and drought-tolerant landscaping techniques
- Year-round color, interest and harvests through the seasons
- Garden maintenance recommendations
- Budget gardening methods including propagation and growing from seed
- How to attract birds and wildlife to your garden
- Fruits and vegetables suitable for your ecosystem and micro-climate
- Helpful information personalized to your needs that will make your gardening experiences more enjoyable and successful
What is Involved
A Garden Consultation starts with a tour of the outdoor space with Sarah. She will listen to your ideas and vision for your garden space and gain an understanding of the challenges you face within your garden. Sarah will answer your specific gardening questions, assist with plant identification, and make recommendations to enhance your garden's form, function, health and beauty.
The consultation is meant to provide you with a manageable plan to accomplish your gardening goals with ease and purpose. Following the initial Garden Consultation, clients will receive a personalized written summary of the visit with appropriate referrals and resources for future reference.
A Garden Consultation includes a walk through the site and a follow-up written summary, at a cost of $75 per hour. One to two hours is a standard length of time to thoroughly discuss most gardens.
Be prepared to take notes for future reference. Travel time will be charged if the destination is outside the Bozeman City Limits.